Radio is a fabulous source of ‘free’ high-quality entertainment. Although DAB is growing in some European countries, FM remains the highest quality radio system so Cyrus wanted a new FM tuner for music fans who are primarily motivated by quality and would like to enjoy the wealth of high quality music available on FM. The FM 6 offers easy operation, 32 FM and 16 AM presets and is compatible with the main Cyrus system handset. We recommend a good cable or FM aerial signal is arranged to get the most from FM 6 as the tuner is capable of outstanding audio performance if installed correctly. Your Cyrus retailer will be able to advise where to find an aerial specialist. FM 6 will open the door to a fabulous source of ever changing radio material and represents outstanding value
In spite of the recent explosion in multi-media and audio-visual interests, it is true to say that, in most instances, FM radio continues to offer the highest quality radio entertainment. This is a highly interactive media, in that the listener is more intimately involved, participating mentally in the broadcast program. The FM6 is designed to capture the true spirit of the transmitted material with the least amount of alteration to the original signal. For convenience we have included and AM tuner as well.
The sensitive, low distortion front-end design of the FM6 enables this product to enjoy a wide dynamic range. The generous front-end gain assists in achieving low noise operation at low signal levels.
• Complex ground plane design and power supply topology are key elements in achieving the excellent performance of the FM6.
• Close tolerance quartz crystal together with a precision phase-locked-loop (PLL) circuitry is designed to enable stable and accurate tuning to the radio station.
• The output filtering of the FM6 is achieved through a passive filter ensuring effective rejection of the pilot tone and the sub-band frequencies. An alternative non-filtered output is available, not suitable for recording use but providing better dynamics and a more natural presentation of the programme material.
• The unique MC-Bus connectivity of the FM6 is in keeping with the total system approach of the Cyrus range of products. This facility enhances ergonomic operation of the unit in a system context. Additionally, the MC-Bus provides a powerful tool to enable full automation of the test, alignment and calibration of the FM6 during its manufacturing process, eliminating potential human error.
• The quality lightweight die-cast enclosure of Cyrus FM6 has a myriad of advantages both electrically and mechanically. The non-resonant nature of the alloy minimises microphonic effects, while its non-ferrous composition provides an effective shield from external electro-magnetic disturbances. This also eliminates coupling of the power transformer stray magnetic fields to the sensitive audio circuitry.
Tuning: Quartz PLL
Display: LCD with subtle green back lighting.
Remote Control: Full function remote control
Inputs: 75 Ohm coaxial & 300 Ohm AM loop
Communications: MC-BUSTM System BUS
50dB S/N Ratio: <15.2dBf (Mono) <36,7dBf (Stereo)
S/N Ratio: TBD dB (Mono) >70dB (Stereo)
T.H.D: TBD (Mono) <0.5% 75kHz deviation (Stereo)
Channel separation: >30dB @ 1kHz
Pilot tone suppression: >65dB when using MPX filtered outputs
Output level: >800mV rms
De-emphasis freq. resp: better than +/- 3.5dB 20Hz-15kHz (50uS)
Dimensions (H x W x D): 73 x 215 x 360 (mm)
Finish: Quartz Silver or Brushed Black